Monday, July 14, 2008

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Ok, so I stopped in at Costco to drop off a roll of film to be processed. In line ahead of me is a lady with a baby, and apparently she and the employee knew each other. So the employee takes the baby and is all oogly-googly at the baby, and I since I was next in line, I commented on how absolutely adorable the baby was. She even had her little piggies painted purple! Aww! And she had the most beautiful eyes, and knuckle dimples! And thigh rolls! Aww!

Ahem...

I digress. Anyway, so we're all just gabbing about this cute baby, and finally the mom (whom I suspect only stopped there to show off the baby) said her goodbyes and walked away.

And then, it was like a switch had been turned off in the employee. She was curt, bordering on rude with me. When just seconds before we were giggling at the baby's little fingers and stuff. It stunned me! I filled out the envelope according to her minimal instructions (name. phone number. check this box.) and she walked off. When she returned I asked how long for that to be ready. (one hour.) So I started to walk away and she says one last thing to me. (2:20.) I was like, "huh?" She'd already told me an hour. But whatev.

So anyway, it just irritated the hell out of me that she was all sugar when the girl and the baby were there. The second they left, she was all salt.

So tell me...what was with the attitude? Is it because I jumped into their baby-gushing? If that's the case, it's BS. Babies are cute. I can't change what's coded into my DNA and stop 'awww'-ing over babies. Or was this some rare glimpse into her non-employee, sugary sweet personality I shouldn't have seen? Or did she realize once the baby was gone, she had to deal with a line of customers?

Color me baffled. Human behavior fascinates me usually. But she just baffled me and made me sort of mad.

And on another note: thanks for all the sympathy and comments about my mum. I know in the grand scheme of life, things could have been much, much worse. I'll try to get back to everyone soon. :D


Peace out blog peeps!

(The photo really has nothing to do with the post, but that's my sweet niece and figured hey, this post needed some cuteness, right? lol)

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

who knows what got her ovaries in a bunch. sometimes people can be bitches.

maybe she had a case of the mondays?

i dunno. but i do know this...i love chubby babies with dimples and rolls.

Jen said...

ok...we really need to hook up sometime. i mean...like, all these ppl talk and i am like, how? where? am i totally out of the loop? wth?
am i just really that anti-social that i don't get it?
ok...maybe that was weird.
sorry for the rant. :)