Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Zwa!

Two posts in a scrunchy amount of time! It can't be! But it is! I'm actually in a sort of good mood. I finished piecing the top of the quilt that shall be named "Lovely", for it is done in the motif of love and heart and pinks and reds and all things lovely. I was going to take it to be quilted today, but alas, it was not meant to be. So shall it be another day.

No clue why I'm typing like that.

Tomorrow I'm planning to have lunch with my friend Amber. Months of "we should get together for lunch" turned into me saying "we're going to lunch on the 18th". lol I should bring my camera and Polaroid. And film. A Polaroid camera is NO good without film. Essential.

I began working on my next quilt while the quilting mojo is a-flowin. It'll be various flower prints made into flowers on the quilt. It should be beautiful! I've been saving these pieces of fabric for just such an occasion.

I'm thinking of making little sets of drink coasters with the leftovers from my quilts. They are super cute and of course they coordinate. I will probably sell them in my etsy shop. I was also thinking of making some baby-size quilts (to start, and nothing super fancy) to sell. And maybe some handkerchiefs. Or I guess they could be used as table napkins. Just random stuff to use up my extras. I actually had enough fabric leftover from the quilt I made for my sister-in-law that I made myself a decent-sized square quilt.

Speaking of my sister-in-law, she and my brother-in-law are expecting another little one! I'm so excited! I think she will be due in August.

Meanwhile, this little doll is going to be TWO this weekend! She's a bundle of energy and sass and I couldn't love her more! Last time we watched her here, she wanted to goof around with B (her uncle, my husband) more than me, so I just hung back and watched. When she was younger she wasn't crazy about him. He's tall and I don't think she liked his voice or something. But now they get along. In fact, my 8 year old P was a bit (or a lot) jealous of the fun H was having with his dad! He pouted and whined and as soon as H's mom & dad came to pick her up, suddenly he was in a good mood. I'm sensing he's used to being the youngest, although I don't think we pay more attention to him compared to his brother. But add a spunky 2 year old, and things get complicated. I also think he's a little scared of her. She's knocked him around a little while trying to play and I am sensing he didn't like that at all. It's a funny dynamic to watch. Mostly because he usually loves little kids and babies!

Ok, this was supposed to be a short post. But alas, it's not anymore. I guess I better get to bed.

PS. I'm having a Scentsy catalog party, so if you want to order something, let me know! Check out their website and email me if you want more info or to order. jocelynne at desertrealm dot com.

xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is so adorable and I so wished I could quilt!!!