Friday, April 18, 2008

Snoozefest

Click to view full photo

These tulips are pretty much baked now. But they were pretty last week. Nature is so bittersweet, isn't it?

Today I thought I had to be somewhere and I really didn't, so I was out and decided to stop at a park to chill. When I worked (for realsies, not my SAHM-job) I used to go find parks near my offices and go there to eat lunch in my car. I'd eat, then I'd put the seat back and take a little snooze. I loved it during spring when I'd roll down the windows a bit and there'd be a breeze. One of the places was actually a church, deserted during the day, and next to this huge field. So I'd hear the wind, smell the weeds, and hear the birds. Just enough white noise to send me into a little nap.

It was sort of like that today, except the wind was noisier and kept blowing this effing sign and making a clanging sound. And I didn't eat anything. And the back of my head REALLY hurt when I woke up. But otherwise, it was just like that church parking lot.

It's just weird to go from on-the-go-do-this-do-that to having these lulls where I have time to do something, but I don't want to, I just want to relax. Then I feel lonely and unneeded. WTH??? I swear, if anyone ever figures out my effed up brain, please be sure to let me know, won't you?

Well, I have an eye exam to study for. Cross your fingers! ;)

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

you painted such a lovely picture in the church parking lot. then i was snapped back to reality with that jacked up sign. wth indeed!

how'd you do on your eye exam?

pretty tulips. every year i say i'm going to plant tulips this year, and every year i forget. not this year. this year i will!!! i hope.

glo.riah said...

1. lol- eye exam to study for!!
2. i think our attitude has to do with the timing of our lives..slumps and highs and okay days...

we may be twins after all...

;)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.